Monday, August 2, 2010

Tour of Labor & Delivery

Today Hubby and I got to tour the Labor and Delivery center that our LO will most likely be born in.It was so beautiful, the whole place had a very warm feel to it. The rooms were lovely and pretty large.

You get to have the baby with you at all times after they give LO a bath/checkup. They let us know that by the time I come in January that they will have new furniture so the old stuff that they have will be gone. Honestly, the furniture didn't look too bad, but new sounds good to me!!

They have 12 rooms, and they normally get 4 ladies a day they have a vaginal birth. I didn't think to ask about the actual delivery room, or if that was it. I'll ask my OBGYN at the appointment Wednesday.

They have 2 operating rooms also for C sections.

What freaks me out though is that they can only have 4 babies in the nicu... If baby needs extra help they will send him to a better hospital, and you will come with. I guess its not so bad, you get to go with baby regardless... but still it makes me nervous.

It was so quiet... nothing like what I thought it would be, There was a lady checking in when we got there, and a family that was playing with their new baby with the room open. I guess they were on their way out.

It was a nice little tour... it was only 30 minutes of tour... so short, but nice.

No comments:

 
Blanquita's Life - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords